My photo
Welcome to my 2nd blog. As most of you know I was diagnosed with myeloma (bone marrow cancer) in July 2008. After 18 months, lots of therapy and a stem cell transplant the myeloma has come back, we are fighting this time with the same confidence as last time, so with your prayers, thoughts and support hopefully we can win again. If you would like to email me please feel free ivanpaul.it@gmail.com

Monday 5 October 2009

Hospital

One day I had just had enough and decided I was ill and had to do something about it. (It tok me long enugh) My friends and family (mainly my wife) had been saying for a long time that I needed to go to the doctors.
I regret to this day not listening to my wife, when I decided to go to hospital I phoned my friend to take me, I didn't ask my wife, thinking back it was probably because I knew it was bad news and I didn't want to upset her (I had already done that by not going for medical help earlier). I think she was just pleased that I was eventually going.
I was kept in Warrington hospital and after tests was transferred to Royal Liverpool Hospital for a plasma exchange because my blood was so bad that I couldn't even have a transfusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment